Re: Ouzo

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2002
      See also msg. 2424 - Anise flavored spirits.
      Ouzo is the Greek equivalent to Dutch gin in that it has a complex of
      botanicals, but with anise being the predominate botanical instead of
      juniper.
      Wal
    • Jeanette Dunphy
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3, 2002
        - I've started soaking
        > some star aniseed (with a small amount of lemon
        > rind, vanilla & fennel
        > seeds) in some neutral 95% alcohol. Plan to soak it
        > for two weeks, then

        Tony,
        I bought some star anise a few months ago. I was
        hoping to use it to make some Galiano. What I bought
        smelt awful. Is it supposed to smell a little like
        aniseed? Cause this stuff doesn't. Could be stale I
        guess.
        Anyway, I ended up going to the supermarket and buying
        some anise essence, and it has worked supurbly.
        Blended with a few drops of vanilla. HMMMMMMM>

        Jeanette

        http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au Auctions
        - 1,000s of Bargains!
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 8, 2002
          Greek site about ouzo ingredients (in English):
          http://www.chios.gr/products/ouzo_en.htm

          Wal
        • vetomeyou
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 7, 2004
            Can someone tell me where I can find a recipe for Ouzo?
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 7, 2004
              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "vetomeyou"
              <richardljohnson@s...> wrote:
              > Can someone tell me where I can find a recipe for Ouzo?

              Search the archives...
              18503 Re: ouzo recipe waljaco waljaco Fri 1/23/2004
              18502 Re: ouzo recipe waljaco waljaco Fri 1/23/2004
              18399 ouzo recipe aptshaffer aptshaffer Mon 1/19/2004

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 8, 2004
                See -

                wal