Re: Question About Column Size

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2010
      At its simplest, a 2"(nominal) copper riser (column) is practical for a
      number of reasons. I like a 3/4" lyne arm, and for my propane burner, a
      30"-long 1/2 inside 3/4 liebig works fine. Height of the riser depends
      on how much flavor you want to extract (short riser), and whether you
      can fit your lyne arm in a short-lyne-arm geometry. My latest 2" riser
      is about 20", either on my 5-gallon or my 16-gallons still.

      Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rick W" <rw71457@...> wrote:

      > I am currently building a 5 gallon pot still and would like to know
      what the requirements - if any - of the different diameters and lengths
      of column pipe according to the size of the still? Does anyone have this
      info or know where I can get it? OR does it matter? Thanks!