South African mampoer

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2010
      South Africa is in the news because of the FIFA world football (aka soccer) cup. A visitor brought me back two bottles of local mampoer - a peach brandy which is the original mampoer made by the Dutch and a lemon mampoer infused with sprigs of the medicinal buchu (aka boegoe)plant which gives it a bitter overtone.

      See -
      http://www.monatesitruskelder.co.za/Mampoer.htm

      wal
      PS I also got a T-shirt.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2010
        For a more rustic method of distilling mampoer -

        http://tinyurl.com/2exrhtj

        wal

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 30, 2010
          Did you notice the Compact still? News travels!

          http://www.distillique.com/documents/compact_still.html

          wal

          > For a more rustic method of distilling mampoer -
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/2exrhtj
          >
          > wal

          > > South Africa is in the news because of the FIFA world football (aka soccer) cup. A visitor brought me back two bottles of local mampoer - a peach brandy which is the original mampoer made by the Dutch and a lemon mampoer infused with sprigs of the medicinal buchu (aka boegoe)plant which gives it a bitter overtone.
          > >
          > > See -
          > > http://www.monatesitruskelder.co.za/Mampoer.htm
          > >
          > > wal
          > > PS I also got a T-shirt.

        • jamesonbeam1
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 30, 2010

            Ahhh Wal,

            You didn't get one of those famous orange mini-dresses  lol....  Bet they will be good collectors items.

            JB.

            static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/6/15/1276621681836/women-in-orange-dresses-a-002.jpg

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2010
              Heineken donated those orange dresses to 10 dutch girls - orange being the Dutch national color. FIFA arranged for them to be arrested and jailed. Why? Budweiser were their official beer sponsor and they objected to the alleged 'ambush marketing' by Heineken.
              wal

              > Ahhh Wal,
              >
              > You didn't get one of those famous orange mini-dresses lol.... Bet
              > they will be good collectors items.
              >
              > JB.
              >

              > [static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/6/15/1276621681\
              > 836/women-in-orange-dresses-a-002.jpg]
              > <http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geumLNMStMNuUADNlXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBscWN2ZnB\
              > jBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=1ob9k6jt2/EXP=1277985613/**http%3a\
              > //images.search.yahoo.com/images/view%3fback=http%253A%252F%252Fsearch.y\
              > ahoo.com%252Fsearch%253Fei%253DUTF-8%2526p%253Dpictures%252Bof%252Bworld\
              > %252Bcup%252Borange%252Bdresses%26w=140%26h=84%26imgurl=static.guim.co.u\
              > k%252Fsys-images%252FGuardian%252FPix%252Fpictures%252F2010%252F6%252F15\
              > %252F1276621681836%252Fwomen-in-orange-dresses-a-002.jpg%26size=5.9kB%26\
              > name=women%2bin%2borange%2bdresses%2ba%2b002%2bjpg%26rcurl=http%253A%252\
              > F%252Fwww.guardian.co.uk%252F%26rurl=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.guardian.co.\
              > uk%252F%26p=world%2bcup%2borange%2bdresses%26type=jpeg%26no=1%26tt=136%2\
              > 6oid=5562e8e747d23a40%26tit=women%2bin%2borange%2bdresses%2bat%2bthe%2bH\
              > olland%2bv%2bDenmark%2bWorld%2bCup%2bgame%26sigr=10q7eu68n%26sigi=13c302\
              > gua%26sigb=12eptkt3e%26fr=my-myy-s>

              > > South Africa is in the news because of the FIFA world football (aka
              > soccer) cup. A visitor brought me back two bottles of local mampoer - a
              > peach brandy which is the original mampoer made by the Dutch and a lemon
              > mampoer infused with sprigs of the medicinal buchu (aka boegoe)plant
              > which gives it a bitter overtone.
              > >
              > > See -
              > > http://www.monatesitruskelder.co.za/Mampoer.htm
              > >
              > > wal
              > > PS I also got a T-shirt.

            • jamesonbeam1
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 1, 2010
                Yes and whats really funny, is all the fans are in an uproar that they
                have to pay so much more for Budweiser at the games then Heineken costs
                lol... Guess someone has to pay for the advertising..

                JB.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 3, 2010
                  Beverage marketing strategy?

                  http://tinyurl.com/33yayqg