RE: [Distillers] Digest Number 779

  • Robert N
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2002
      Hi Nathan, get yourself a SS keg, preferably a Carleton United one, (Fosters
      or VB) the others are usually taller. These can be sourced quite cheaply if
      you look around. I picked mine up for $10au. Purchase an element & junction
      box from an electrical wholesaler. Appropriate SS bolts or other fixture
      devices to suit the element. Go to a good plumbing supply shop buy a SS
      fitting and tap to use as a drain, and get a fitting that will join the keg
      to tower and weld all together.

      Or go to Rheem Aust. They sell 60Lt SS drums, re Matts still.

      Problem with welding together the saucepans is that they are usually made of
      el-cheapo grade stainless and welding them is problematic. Same goes for the
      aluminium pots and pans, unless you spend real money on them.

      Have a great day!

      Robert

      Message: 2
      Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:58:51 -0000
      From: "nathanpower" <nathanpower@...>
      Subject: Looking for boiler

      I am in the market for a 30 litre boiler and have seen a paint drum
      at local home brew shop with element for... wait for it..... AUS $280
      Does anyone know if certain types of paint cans are stainless.
      Otherwise i was considering welding 2 15 litre stainless pots
      together and inserting a 1500 watt heat source. Coments..... ??