Re: Irish potato wash/wine

  • jamesonbeam1
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2010

      Wal,

      This following recipe might be of interest to you.  Quite a funny article actually -  "The Beer That Made Idaho Famous or How I Mash Potatoes".  While it pertains to making beer from potatoes, you could cut out the hops part and voila, a poteen/poitin recipe using potatoes and malted barley...  http://hbd.org/brewery/library/Potato.html

      JB.

      Meister Potato Brau (for 5 gallons)  See the article for full instructions.

      5 pounds 6-row domestic barley malt, crushed
      2.5 pound grade A Idaho potatoes (washed and grated)
      3 pounds M&F pale unhopped malt extract
      1/3 oz Burton salts
      1 tsp. Irish Moss
      1.25 oz Hallertauer leaf hops