Home distilling documentary

  • matthew
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2010

      Reason TV (http://www.reason.tv)  reached out to me recently (thanks, Sherman, for the reference) about a home distilling project. The American actor/comedian Drew Carey has thrown his weight behind Reason's efforts to present topics dealing with liberties and freedoms. Poke around their website for an idea of what they're up to.

      They are planning to make a documentary on home distilling and are still in the information-gathering stage. I gave some preliminary info and may sit with them for a film interview in the next few weeks.

      They're looking for hobbyist distillers willing to be interviewed on camera, preferably in Southern California. In particular, they're looking for someone who's either been arrested for distilling or who has been demonstrably hurt by the illegality of home distilling in the US.

      They seem both legitimate and as if they want to present our hobby as something that reasonable people should be free to pursue. I'm willing to help them do that. Anyone else want to talk to them, shoot me a note and I'll put you in touch with the right guys there.

      ~ rowley