Important Announcement to all Members

  • jamesonbeam1
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2010
      Hello All,

      It is with great pleasure to announce the promotion of one of our members to the management team in both this forum and New Distillers.

      Over the years, he has freely provided great knowlege and tips to both the New Distillers and Distillers forums.

      Please all, give a warm welcome to Zymurgy Bob, ZB for short, as our newest moderator. He is a great asset to these groups.

      Vino es Veritas,

      Jim aka Waldo.

      ZB, many congradulations and Im glad you increased your whiskey boiler size, you'll be needing it....

    • Robert Hubble
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2010
        Thanks Waldo, and also thanks to the rest of the moderators.

        I guess.

        So what I get to do is moderate this huge batch of documented law-breakers (Kiwis always excepted, of course), moonshiners, backyard cookers, hay-wire engineers, shed fiddlers, garbage-can-fermenters, and producers of illegal intoxicants?

        Kinda makes a fella proud.

        Thanks again, guys.

        (P.S. Waldo...this year the whisky goal is 5 gallons of a heavily malted, lightly peated, single-malt barley whisky...with aging, a full year's effort)

        Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

        To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2010

          Hi ZB,

               Well long service and good behaviour account for something I suppose , knowing how to distill also kinda helps. Well done Bob you deserve mod status .

               Its kinda like a right of passage on these hallowed forums like coming of age

          1 starting to drink the stuff

          2 legally drinking the stuff making the stuff beer and wine and pot/reflux

          3 stilling the stuff

          4 now advising on the stuff

          Kinda must make you feel really intelligent,  Hey I said feel real intelligent.  Anyway nice one Bob

               Geoff

        • Robert Hubble
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 8, 2010
            Thanks, Geoff,

            You are a gentleman, and always have been,as far as I can see.
            (so far, mostly I feel like a dummy)

            Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

            To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com