Re: [Distillers] New

  • Royce Thigpen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
      Is the mash dead from the mistake or will another type of yeast work off now?

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2010
        Why didn't you follow the standard turbo yeast recipe? - about 12lbs sugar for 5 gallons or about 17lbs for 7 gallons.
        What went wrong? Obviously not enough sugar.
        50%abv - normally after a single pot still run. Try a fractionating column next.
        Cracked corn needs to be gelatinised and malted grain or enzymes added if you want to ferment it, otherwise it is only for flavour, as yeast can't ferment starch.
        I suggest you read homedistiller.org or all the past messages - the more you read the more you know!
        wal