Re: [Distillers] Mile Hi utility pump

  • Louis Lenz
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010
      The pump is from FMI LLC bought through Mile Hi.  Number is E235059.  FMI doesn't have a website, just a phone number, I called and got an answering machine, it was very odd.  I used to have a little giant pump that was almost exactly like the march series but the magnet broke and the pump is outta date and they don't have the parts for it anymore.  So i bought this pump because it is self priming.  I'm just not sure about the Vellumoid Paper gasket...

      From: loulenz2002@ yahoo.com
      Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 14:16:19 +0000
      Subject: [Distillers] Mile Hi utility pump

      I just received my mile hi pump and when i called them i was informed that the pump was for hi-temp applications (130F), and that the only contact material was chrome plated bronze. I need this pump for pumping wort through a chiller to a fermenter. The pump spec sheet says it's only for water use, and that it's thermally protected which means i should use it on the cold side. From what i can tell from the specs it's all stainless, chrome, and nitrile. The gasket is made from Vellumoid Paper, which is the only thing i'm unsure of. So this pump should be ok for sanitizers and beer wort with no contamination right? Does anyone use this pump?

    • Robert Hubble
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010
        Sorry that I'm no help, then. I can sure understand how that self-priming feature would be attractive. Lack of it makes my March a bit of a pain.

        Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

        To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
        From: loulenz2002@...
        Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 10:44:32 -0700

        The pump is from FMI LLC bought through Mile Hi.  Number is E235059.  FMI doesn't have a website, just a phone number, I called and got an answering machine, it was very odd.  I used to have a little giant pump that was almost exactly like the march series but the magnet broke and the pump is outta date and they don't have the parts for it anymore.  So i bought this pump because it is self priming.  I'm just not sure about the Vellumoid Paper gasket...

      • Louis Lenz
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010
          Here's a link I found for the vellumoid paper gasket.  It seems like it would be the first one listed.  But all the different materials listed seem like they would be ok.  What do you think?  Self priming is gonna be a nice option Bob, my little giant pump was the same as your march, and it made me a little crazy sometimes.

          To: Distillers@yahoogro ups.com
          From: loulenz2002@ yahoo.com
          Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 10:44:32 -0700