Re:Quick release water couplings

  • Ed Barcik
    Message 1 of 7 , May 14, 2010

      If you're using low pressure, I've found these to be excellent, been using them for 2+ years without a problem.

      http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23016&catid=743&clickid=searchresults

    • Robert Hubble
      Message 2 of 7 , May 14, 2010
        McMaster-Carr has then, but they are a bit spendy.

        http://www.mcmaster.com/#

        Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

        To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
        From: germ60@...
        Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 04:12:46 +0000
        Subject: [Distillers] Quick release water couplings

        Were would somebody find quick release water couplings for a 1/4 or 3/8 line??? I've tried everywhere I can think and can only find garden hose types.

      • bob
        Message 3 of 7 , May 14, 2010

          Hydraulic hose places have the couplings. They can be found on steam cleaners and carpet shampoo machines as well as high pressures oil systems. Bob C

        • running_with_rum39
          Message 4 of 7 , May 14, 2010
            Thanks for all the advice. I ended up finding the perfect coupling the other day ay mount coop (a sporting goods store) It was the quick release coupling for a water backpack.

            http://www.cascadedesigns.com/platypus/platy-accessories/quick-disconnect-kit/product