Re: Quick release water couplings

  • MoSS
    Message 1 of 7 , May 14, 2010
      Just happens I work for one...
      Metric hose is more common 4-12mm in Oz, with imperial/ & metric on the"other" end.

      Check out www.univer.net.au.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Ion Brown <ionbrown@...> wrote:

      > Pneumatic Companies have various size hoses and couplings. Ion

    • Ed Barcik
      Message 2 of 7 , May 14, 2010

        If you're using low pressure, I've found these to be excellent, been using them for 2+ years without a problem.

        http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23016&catid=743&clickid=searchresults

      • Robert Hubble
        Message 3 of 7 , May 14, 2010
          McMaster-Carr has then, but they are a bit spendy.

          http://www.mcmaster.com/#

          Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

          To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
          From: germ60@...
          Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 04:12:46 +0000
          Subject: [Distillers] Quick release water couplings

          Were would somebody find quick release water couplings for a 1/4 or 3/8 line??? I've tried everywhere I can think and can only find garden hose types.

        • bob
          Message 4 of 7 , May 14, 2010

            Hydraulic hose places have the couplings. They can be found on steam cleaners and carpet shampoo machines as well as high pressures oil systems. Bob C

          • running_with_rum39
            Message 5 of 7 , May 14, 2010
              Thanks for all the advice. I ended up finding the perfect coupling the other day ay mount coop (a sporting goods store) It was the quick release coupling for a water backpack.

              http://www.cascadedesigns.com/platypus/platy-accessories/quick-disconnect-kit/product