Quick release water couplings

  • running_with_rum39
    Message 1 of 7 , May 13, 2010
      Were would somebody find quick release water couplings for a 1/4 or 3/8 line??? I've tried everywhere I can think and can only find garden hose types.
    • Ion Brown
      Message 2 of 7 , May 13, 2010
        Pneumatic Companies have various size hoses and couplings. Ion
      • MoSS
        Message 3 of 7 , May 14, 2010
          Just happens I work for one...
          Metric hose is more common 4-12mm in Oz, with imperial/ & metric on the"other" end.

          Check out www.univer.net.au.

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Ion Brown <ionbrown@...> wrote:

          > Pneumatic Companies have various size hoses and couplings. Ion

        • Ed Barcik
          Message 4 of 7 , May 14, 2010

            If you're using low pressure, I've found these to be excellent, been using them for 2+ years without a problem.

            http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23016&catid=743&clickid=searchresults

          • Robert Hubble
            Message 5 of 7 , May 14, 2010
              McMaster-Carr has then, but they are a bit spendy.

              http://www.mcmaster.com/#

              Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

              To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
              From: germ60@...
              Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 04:12:46 +0000
              Subject: [Distillers] Quick release water couplings

              Were would somebody find quick release water couplings for a 1/4 or 3/8 line??? I've tried everywhere I can think and can only find garden hose types.

            • bob
              Message 6 of 7 , May 14, 2010

                Hydraulic hose places have the couplings. They can be found on steam cleaners and carpet shampoo machines as well as high pressures oil systems. Bob C

              • running_with_rum39
                Message 7 of 7 , May 14, 2010
                  Thanks for all the advice. I ended up finding the perfect coupling the other day ay mount coop (a sporting goods store) It was the quick release coupling for a water backpack.

                  http://www.cascadedesigns.com/platypus/platy-accessories/quick-disconnect-kit/product