Re:Closed loop cooling system

  • Ed Barcik
    Message 1 of 6 , May 9, 2010

      Quite honestly, I thought a closed loop system was one that kept the existing water circulating without a vessel to hole any water. As I mentioned in my previous post, I tried a system like that and it worked quite well but could not get all the air evacuated and went back to the system with a holding tank. My present system uses about 8 gallons of water, more or less and a heat exchanger and a small transmission oil cooler, I can run the system and keep the coolant at 70+F and less than 80 all day long. No ice, no additional water, works like a charm. I think I've tried most different ways of cooling and this has certainly been the best.