Re: pot still

  • Moonshine
    Message 1 of 17 , May 4, 2010
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "fishonmil69" <fishonmil@...> wrote:

      > I own a small 4 gallon pot still,I was wonder do I have to run my spirit several time through the distill process and if so do I add my spirits to clean water then start the process again? and how much water do I start with. 3 gallons of mash and I collect 2 quarts at 144 proof

      If you distill it slowly and separate the alcohol in 3 different cuts - using only the body. you should be OK with just one run. It will even become better in case you mature it using wood.

      Cheers.

      StillCooker - Still cookin'
      www.StillCooker.com
    • juliet kent
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 6, 2010
        What about this one?
        There have been no pot stills on trade me under $800.00 for months and now there are three in a row.  This one has some info with it.  Thanks so much for the info already posted.  Will probably go with the one already suggested but this one is half the price so thought I would ask.  Cheers, Ju
        20L pot still
        Comes with Heat element, 25L fermenting drum, Air Lock, Thermometer, alcohol hydrometer, a packet of turbo yeast, and some sterilizer.

        Everything you need to start brewing, minus the sugar of course

        Have used it a couple of times and then lost interest.
        From memory it produced alcohol at 60%

        Pick up only as there are fragile items.
      • just me
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 7, 2010
          Hi Juliet,
          Here is a link to brewhaus.http://www.brewhaus.com/.I have only good experiences with the shop.I would recommend the hi capacity unit.It can be run as a pot still or reflux.I would stay away from the turboyeast.I stick to mum washs now.
          Just Me
          A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand
          times the memory.