Methanol uses, recycling

  • king edward potatohead
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2002

      I've used it for fueling my spirit lamp for jewellery work, sterilising glassware and making wood
      stain & polish from 'russian oil' and beeswax - Russian oil BTW is another product of
      distillation - this time from destructive distillation of birch bark and twigs. Spent wash and
      yeast sludge make a great compost activator, I haven't gone as far as one of the grappa
      producers who uses the pressed, dried spent fruit as a fuel for the still. Not sure how the
      neighbours feel about the strong smell of figs and clouds of fruit flies coming from the compost
      heap.

      Strounge

      A beer.com Beer Mail fanatic
      Beer Mail, brought to you by your friends at beer.com.