Nocino - ricetta dell'Artusi

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2010
      The oldest recipe known to me is from Pellegrino Artusi's 1891 classic cookbook 'La scienza in cucina e l'arte di mangiare bene'. It is meant for stomach ailments and as a general tonic.
      The recipe is for 2 litres, butI have edited it to 1 litre.

      750.- Nocino

      15 green walnuts with hull (quartered)
      750ml alcohol (%abv not given, but 40%abv would be appropriate)
      200ml water
      375g sugar
      1g cinnamon stick (crushed)
      5 cloves
      zest of 1/2 lemon

      Macerate for 40 days. Filter and bottle. Age.

      Cheers,
      wal (author of Cordial Waters)