citrus fruits

  • miciofelice2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2010
      Ciao a tutti.

      Just iesterday I opened a bottle of my "agrumello". Something like limoncello but made by citrus fruits. I mean: I used, each liter of pure alcohool (92 - 95 %), the peel of 5 oranges, 3 lemons, 4 tangerines. I used only the superficial part of the peel, just the coloured part avoiding to use the white part of the skin.
      This is exactly as you do to prepare limoncello.
      I used "natural" fruits, I mean biological fruits or fruita that weren't treated with chemicals on the skin.
      Anyway I cleaned a lot the fruits before to use.
      I left about ten days the peels in infusion with alcohool, then I filtered and added 1,7 liters of water where I dissolved 1 kg of sugar.
      What I got was more than 3 liters of a liqueur having about 35% of strength.
      I left in a fresk, dark place for about 1 month, and then I .... tasted.
      Of course I did it with 4 liters of pure alcohol, so I got my annual stock.

      Ciao a tutti

      micio felice