Easiest way to control a electric element

  • mark48_15286@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2010
      Any ideas on the easiest way to adjust a electric element in a brew kettle.

      Mark
    • rye_junkie1
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2010
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, mark48_15286@... wrote:

        > Any ideas on the easiest way to adjust a electric element in a brew kettle.
        >
        > Mark

        I fitted my boiler with 2 elements. One is high wattage for heat up and then I have a few different ones that i choose from for the spirit run, depending on what i want to run at. However I am considering one of these:
        http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=43060
        A few here use it and i dont know of any complaints.

        Mason
      • rye_junkie1
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2010
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, mark48_15286@... wrote:

          > Any ideas on the easiest way to adjust a electric element in a brew kettle.
          >
          > Mark

          To add to my other post. You could also fit a Kil-a-watt meter or one of those plug in line meters for generators so that you knew what you were adjusting too. I have a meter with a "amp clamp" and would just do the math. Amps x Volts = watts.

          Mason