Modern Moonshine Techniques

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2010
      "Modern Moonshine Techniques" by Bill Owens

      Review required...

      http://tinyurl.com/ydzouhs

      wal
    • Stephen Anderson
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2010
        I first bought Bill's book, "Craft of Whiskey Distilling". When it first came out they advertised a chapter on Moonshine. When I got the book the table of contents listed chapter 4 on moonshine, but there was no such chapter in the book. I emailed Bill and he said there was a publishing error and he had a new book coming out "Modern Moonshine Techniques" He said if I sent the first book back he would send me the new one when it came out. I did and he did. At the time (last year) Modern Moonshine was listed on Amazon for around $65. It is a paperback, around 6" X 8" with 93 pages. The only color pages are the front and back covers. All pictures are drawings, or copies of older prints. It is a basic book and as per Bill's interest, geared to those wanting to start a distillery. There is not a lot in it for the hobbiest. Even when he talks about using a pot still, he is distilling 100 gallons at a time. I was extremely disappointed with the book. I noticed it now sells for $31 on Amazon instead of the $65 I have invested in it. Save your money and keep reading Distillers and New Distillers. You will learn a lot more.
        Steve Anderson

        "She was only a moonshiners daughter, but he loved her still."