Re: [Distillers] Re: Ph of finished run 3.2

  • shotman
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 23, 2010
      Hi all,
      I also tried baking soda once. My still heats to about 182 to 184 degrees  and holds till the alcohol is mostly gone then climbs slow till I stop at about 205 degrees where it is coming out at less than 20%. It got there then shot to over 200 degress very fast and my lid raised pumping a couple second burst of wash all over the place. I cleaned up, studied what happened (I thought) then started up with 1/2 the amount as before. Shortly after it blew the lid up again soaking me and the kitchen. This on an electric stove. My pot still favors a bokabob with all the clamps I could get around the lid but still it pushed it open. Had to have frothed up blocking the 3/4 inch riser I use. Never used the baking soda again and haven't had a problem since.
      Do it good and do it safe.. Have a good one,
      shotman