Re: [Distillers] Lalvin EC-1118

  • Jan Ooms
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2010
      Hi Noel,
      Try Winequip in Melbourne.  www.winequip.com.au. 1300-882-850. They have everything you will ever need in your hobby.
      Where are you in Qld?  I am in Brisbane.
      Regards,
      Jan.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 19, 2010
        It is the most common yeast used in winemaking kits. Any supplier
        will have it. It's a versatile yeast that is capable of producing
        high alcohol and is known as a killer because it kills off natural
        yeasts that may be present in your must.
        At 06:40 19/02/2010, you wrote:

        >Where in Australia can I purchase Lalvin EC-1118. Currently living
        >in Brisbane and a local supplier would be great if possible.
        >Noel

        Derek
      • cunningfellow
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 19, 2010
          > Noel wrote:
          >
          > Where in Australia can I purchase Lalvin EC-1118. Currently
          > living in Brisbane and a local supplier would be great if
          > possible.
          > Noel

          Noel,

          I am in brissy and can give you some if you just want bit.

          Winequip is where I get it - but it is in 1/2 kilo blocks.
        • nrb_1950
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 21, 2010
            Thanks for the information guys have enquired about the yeast hopefully they get back to me.