Lalvin EC-1118

  • nrb_1950
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2010
      Where in Australia can I purchase Lalvin EC-1118. Currently living in Brisbane and a local supplier would be great if possible.
      Noel
    • Jan Ooms
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 19, 2010
        Hi Noel,
        Try Winequip in Melbourne.  www.winequip.com.au. 1300-882-850. They have everything you will ever need in your hobby.
        Where are you in Qld?  I am in Brisbane.
        Regards,
        Jan.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 19, 2010
          It is the most common yeast used in winemaking kits. Any supplier
          will have it. It's a versatile yeast that is capable of producing
          high alcohol and is known as a killer because it kills off natural
          yeasts that may be present in your must.
          At 06:40 19/02/2010, you wrote:

          >Where in Australia can I purchase Lalvin EC-1118. Currently living
          >in Brisbane and a local supplier would be great if possible.
          >Noel

          Derek
        • cunningfellow
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 19, 2010
            > Noel wrote:
            >
            > Where in Australia can I purchase Lalvin EC-1118. Currently
            > living in Brisbane and a local supplier would be great if
            > possible.
            > Noel

            Noel,

            I am in brissy and can give you some if you just want bit.

            Winequip is where I get it - but it is in 1/2 kilo blocks.
          • nrb_1950
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 21, 2010
              Thanks for the information guys have enquired about the yeast hopefully they get back to me.