5200 MARINE SEALANT

  • chasin_tales00
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2010
      Does anyone know if 5200 marine grade sealant would be safe to use on a still?

      For temperature readings at the take-off level I'm using an instant read digital thermometer. Right now I have it sealed w/ thread tape around the thermometer probe along with a compression fitting. At times it drips a little bit. I know 5200 is an excellent sealant. I would like to seal the thermometer probe inside the compression fitting w/ 5200. Think this would be ok?

      If not 5200, would there be any other sealant that is alcohol safe?

      Thanks!
    • jamesonbeam1
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2010
        Chasin,

        5200 is a polyethylene slow cure adhesive that takes 5 to 7 days to cure
        completely... I would stick with some regular aquarium grade silicone
        sealer. Much cheaper too.

        Vino es Veritas,

        Jim aka Waldo.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "chasin_tales00" <dirk7976@...>