Flaked Maize vs. Rolled Corn

  • rumrunner1616
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2010
      I have been working on sourcing some flaked maize at a reasonable price and not having much luck. I found a feed store selling 'rolled corn'. Apparently it's rolled flat and heated. Is there any reason why this would be tough to mash or void of nutrients? Does anyone have experience with rolled corn? Thanks!
    • geoff
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2010
        Hi rumrunner1616,
         Some of the lads have used ordinary rolled cornflakes to good effect in a mash I've only only ever done sugar washes.  But I'm sure if you ask the cornflake question as a mash and I'm sure you'll get a better response
        Geoff