Re: [Distillers] Drilling Stainless Steel

  • Trid
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 15, 2010
      --- On Fri, 1/15/10, Jerry McCullough <jkmccull@...> wrote:

      > I live in the U.S. Do you have a brand name of the cone/step drill bit set
      > so I can try to find one on this side of the pond.\

      In the US, we call 'em "Unibits" (actually a brand name, like "Channellock" or "Vise-Grip") but they'll be found either with all the rest of the drill bits, or as mentioned before, in the electrical section where the specialty electrician's tools are sold.

      Other brands are Greenlee, Lenox, Blu-Mol, and I'm sure there are more. If you live anywhere a Harbor Freight (though mail/internet order will work, too) their house brand of step bits are said to be of comparable quality and a set of two is less money than a single brand-name step bit.
      http://tinyurl.com/ylj5cuu

      Trid
      -tools are my friends