Re: how much vacuum?

  • edwards778
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010
      forget about it. i talked that subject to death. it is way too far over my head. if you pursue it and can work it out, let us all know. until then, i will keep my little brain cells somewhere else.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Mitt" <mstehelin@...> wrote:

      > Greetings all,
      > I have been reading the file on vacuum still design. The first question I have is how much vacuum is enough? Could you use your Shop Vac? I Found a vacuum pump in the garbage and it is 1 hp BUT is 3 phase. I like the idea of lower temperatures, so I'm thinking about it....
      > Any thoughts?
      > Cheers

    • Jerry McCullough
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010
        Use the link below to determine how much vaccum will have to be pulled to get the desired boiling point. Doubtful that you can pull enough vacuum to significantly lower the boiling point with normal household equipment such as a shop-vac.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_point