Re: Prisoners brewed hooch in plastic bag

  • Stephen Anderson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 24, 2009
      Many years ago, I worked as a prison guard in a maximum security prison and I saw lots of cell house hooch. The most common ingredient they used was raisins because they worked well, tasted good and were easy to sneak into the cell. But they would use anything they could ferment and I have even seen it made out of liquid shoe polish. I can't remember any of it that wasn't made in a plastic bag. Again a plastic bag was something that was easy to hide and sneak into a cell. There is not a lot of room in a the cell so the most common place to hide your plastic bag of hooch was in the toilet. Like I said, I saw a lot of prison wine, but there was not any of it I was willing to taste.
      Merry Christmas Everyone.

      Steve Anderson

      "She was only a moonshiners daughter, but he loved her still."