Re: Prisoners brewed hooch in plastic bag

  • Gannon
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 23, 2009
      hehe Prison wine!
      The first time I heard of that we had to make it. I was told if you cant get the fruit you could flavor the hooch with Kool-Aid and make sure the bread is either starting to go or you some how get sourdough for the yeast..
      Both batches were absolutely disgusting but it was alcohol, and in the end thats all that matters in prison.. heh

      Cheers!
      John

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, wal <waljaco@...> wrote:

      > Hi there, I saw this on ABC Online and thought you might be interested:
      >
      > Prisoners brewed hooch in plastic bag
      > http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/23/2779134.htm
      >

      > *** DISCLAIMER ***
      > This message was sent to you using the "Send to a friend" facility on ABC Online (http://www.abc.net.au). To make a comment about this email, contact us: http://www.abc.net.au/contact/
      > Be sure to also include this entire email message.

    • Stephen Anderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 24, 2009
        Many years ago, I worked as a prison guard in a maximum security prison and I saw lots of cell house hooch. The most common ingredient they used was raisins because they worked well, tasted good and were easy to sneak into the cell. But they would use anything they could ferment and I have even seen it made out of liquid shoe polish. I can't remember any of it that wasn't made in a plastic bag. Again a plastic bag was something that was easy to hide and sneak into a cell. There is not a lot of room in a the cell so the most common place to hide your plastic bag of hooch was in the toilet. Like I said, I saw a lot of prison wine, but there was not any of it I was willing to taste.
        Merry Christmas Everyone.

        Steve Anderson

        "She was only a moonshiners daughter, but he loved her still."