Re: VM thermometer placement

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 15, 2009
      I know the latent heat to be removed for water is 970 BTUs per pound, plus add 1 BTU per degree F of sensible heat removed IE: going from 180 degrees to 65 degrees = 115.
      115 + 970 = 1085 BTU per pound of water. 8.34 pounds of water in a gallon
      Somewhere around ½ Ltr per pound

      So to cool 180 degree steam to 65 degree liquid you would have to remove 1085 BTUs per ½ Liter

      How much air needed to do that ???? I will look it up

      Johnnie Sisco