Re: [Distillers] second distillused distilled water for there

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19, 2009
      Yes, now I use commercial spring water or buy it from a local hobby wine
      store down the street, ionized i think they call it, 3.50 CDN for 20 liters.

      About 50% water per run, I triple distill, no more charcoal.

      At 95.5% alcohol there is 4.5% water remaining, I know distilling
      is supposed to get rid of any impurities. But the cleaner I start at the
      begining the chances of any parts per million of anything remaining is slim.

      I have a lot of iron in my water and noticed rust stains on my copper condenser
      so some must have been carried over. Most likely from the stripping run.

      After using the cleaner or more pure water to distill with, and to cut with, I have a much better tasting drink.