Re: 10mm coil

  • Geoff
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 18, 2009
      Hello Riku and Geoff, hi folks,

      This does not come from any knowledge or expertise, just seems logical; and for that reason is probably what I would do.
      Also it might be a good idea but even if it is not it would probably work at least as well as any other arrangement.

      The traditional shape of the lyne arm in a pot still is that it is tapered, and I have seen some discussion by more knowledgeable people on another forum that suggests it is more efficient than a non-tapered arm. Also it is the shape used by commercial still makers so they must think it best.

      So in my (plain) VM still, when I get around to constructing it, I will probably have a tee with an outlet the same size as the column (say two inch); and taper the horizontal arm to say one inch, then insert a one-inch valve.

      Regards,

      The Baker