RE: [Distillers] Re: getting rid of the burn

  • KM Services
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2009

      Harry,

      Totally agree with you and do not buy them as I feel the same as you and as I live in wine country pick up some wine barrel staves (French Oak) for free every now and then when a local hardware outfit cuts barrels for planter boxes and then and toast/char or use as they are. Actually you can buy a whole used wine barrel here for $80 to $100 odd which would keep you in Oak for a life time….mmm or maybe chip them up and sell for $10 per bag…as you say Harry would be a great profit margin

      Cheers

      Ken

      --- In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, "KM Services" <km_services@ ...> wrote:

      > I get the stuff from my local brew shop and is called Ezimix spirits
      > finisher I see from this link http://tinyurl. com/yepjbnn
      it is available in
      > Australia and is
      readily available here in New Zealand .

      > Ken Mc

      OT:
      Hi Ken,
      Just looked at that site and again (for the 1000th time) I saw the prices of oak chips in OZ.

      Can you or anyone else explain why 100 grams of WOOD should cost $10 ???
      I'm all for free enterprise. I'll even accept that a little profiteering is part & parcel of the business scene. But $10 for 100 grams?? That's outright buggery and theft!!

      Here's the list...

      Spirits Umlimited Wilsons Whisky Oak Shavings 100g $9.95000
      Spirits Unlimited Jim Beam Oak Chips 100g $9.95000
      Spirits Unlimited Plantation Rum Oak Chips $9.95000
      Spirits Unlimited American Barrel Oak 100g $5.80000
      Spirits Unlimited Oak Flavour $9.50000
      Spirits Unlimited Jack Daniels Soakers 100g $9.95000
      Spirits Unlimited Toasted Oak $5.80000

      (mumbles something about Ned Kelly being a gentleman by comparison)