RE: [Distillers] Re: VM take off sizing.

  • barbara healey
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 29, 2009
      You might want to cruise ebay, I picked up a stainless 1" tri-clover,
      full bore ball valve for $15.00 [$23.00] after shipping. Stainless
      seems to be cheaper than copper right now, in the states any ways.

      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      From: rasputin@...
      Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:11:22 -0400
      Subject: Re: [Distillers] Re: VM take off sizing.

      Yes, indeed. Harry and I discussed the issue at length a while back, as
      I want to make a 3" VM column, which is effectively the same thing, so
      search the archives. There's a difficulty in getting exactly the right
      valves for this, so one will have to make compromises. In essence, it's
      about the ratio of the squares of the column to take-off, as I recall.

      Best