Re: corn syrup

  • rye_junkie1
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009

      > Glucose (dextrose). Use 12% more than sucrose in recipes.
      > Starch is converted to glucose. Sucrose (cane sugar) splits into glucose and fructose. Fructose gives a cidery taste in beer.
      > wal
      >
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rhodeseng" <rhodeseng@> wrote:
      > >
      > > can someone give me the equivalent to use corn syrup rather than cane sugar for a 6 gallon bucket of mash??
      > >

      > > thanks
      > >
      > > cary

      Some advice on this would be nice as well. I have tried on 3 different occasions to ferment Karo syrup
      http://www.karosyrup.com/products.html
      and have failed miserably so far. Maybe its just the wrong stuff.

      Mason
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009
        There might be a preservative to stop it fermenting?
        wal
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rye_junkie1" <rye_junkie@...> wrote:

        > > Glucose (dextrose). Use 12% more than sucrose in recipes.
        > > Starch is converted to glucose. Sucrose (cane sugar) splits into glucose and fructose. Fructose gives a cidery taste in beer.
        > > wal
        > >
        > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rhodeseng" <rhodeseng@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > can someone give me the equivalent to use corn syrup rather than cane sugar for a 6 gallon bucket of mash??
        > > >

        > > > thanks
        > > >
        > > > cary
        > > >

        > Some advice on this would be nice as well. I have tried on 3 different occasions to ferment Karo syrup
        > http://www.karosyrup.com/products.html
        > and have failed miserably so far. Maybe its just the wrong stuff.
        >
        > Mason

      • rhodeseng
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 9, 2009
          I have tried fermenting with corn syrup several times also.

          I always makes stinky liquor.

          Someone had given me 40 gallons of it, so I was trying to make something from it.

          maybe lawn mower fuel.

          cary