Re: corn syrup

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009
      Glucose (dextrose). Use 12% more than sucrose in recipes.
      Starch is converted to glucose. Sucrose (cane sugar) splits into glucose and fructose. Fructose gives a cidery taste in beer.
      wal

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rhodeseng" <rhodeseng@...> wrote:

      > can someone give me the equivalent to use corn syrup rather than cane sugar for a 6 gallon bucket of mash??
      >

      > thanks
      >
      > cary

    • rye_junkie1
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009

        > Glucose (dextrose). Use 12% more than sucrose in recipes.
        > Starch is converted to glucose. Sucrose (cane sugar) splits into glucose and fructose. Fructose gives a cidery taste in beer.
        > wal
        >
        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rhodeseng" <rhodeseng@> wrote:
        > >
        > > can someone give me the equivalent to use corn syrup rather than cane sugar for a 6 gallon bucket of mash??
        > >

        > > thanks
        > >
        > > cary

        Some advice on this would be nice as well. I have tried on 3 different occasions to ferment Karo syrup
        http://www.karosyrup.com/products.html
        and have failed miserably so far. Maybe its just the wrong stuff.

        Mason
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009
          There might be a preservative to stop it fermenting?
          wal
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rye_junkie1" <rye_junkie@...> wrote:

          > > Glucose (dextrose). Use 12% more than sucrose in recipes.
          > > Starch is converted to glucose. Sucrose (cane sugar) splits into glucose and fructose. Fructose gives a cidery taste in beer.
          > > wal
          > >
          > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rhodeseng" <rhodeseng@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > can someone give me the equivalent to use corn syrup rather than cane sugar for a 6 gallon bucket of mash??
          > > >

          > > > thanks
          > > >
          > > > cary
          > > >

          > Some advice on this would be nice as well. I have tried on 3 different occasions to ferment Karo syrup
          > http://www.karosyrup.com/products.html
          > and have failed miserably so far. Maybe its just the wrong stuff.
          >
          > Mason

        • rhodeseng
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 9, 2009
            I have tried fermenting with corn syrup several times also.

            I always makes stinky liquor.

            Someone had given me 40 gallons of it, so I was trying to make something from it.

            maybe lawn mower fuel.

            cary