corn syrup

  • rhodeseng
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2009
      can someone give me the equivalent to use corn syrup rather than cane sugar for a 6 gallon bucket of mash??

      thanks

      cary
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009
        Glucose (dextrose). Use 12% more than sucrose in recipes.
        Starch is converted to glucose. Sucrose (cane sugar) splits into glucose and fructose. Fructose gives a cidery taste in beer.
        wal

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rhodeseng" <rhodeseng@...> wrote:

        > can someone give me the equivalent to use corn syrup rather than cane sugar for a 6 gallon bucket of mash??
        >

        > thanks
        >
        > cary

      • rye_junkie1
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009

          > Glucose (dextrose). Use 12% more than sucrose in recipes.
          > Starch is converted to glucose. Sucrose (cane sugar) splits into glucose and fructose. Fructose gives a cidery taste in beer.
          > wal
          >
          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rhodeseng" <rhodeseng@> wrote:
          > >
          > > can someone give me the equivalent to use corn syrup rather than cane sugar for a 6 gallon bucket of mash??
          > >

          > > thanks
          > >
          > > cary

          Some advice on this would be nice as well. I have tried on 3 different occasions to ferment Karo syrup
          http://www.karosyrup.com/products.html
          and have failed miserably so far. Maybe its just the wrong stuff.

          Mason
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009
            There might be a preservative to stop it fermenting?
            wal
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rye_junkie1" <rye_junkie@...> wrote:

            > > Glucose (dextrose). Use 12% more than sucrose in recipes.
            > > Starch is converted to glucose. Sucrose (cane sugar) splits into glucose and fructose. Fructose gives a cidery taste in beer.
            > > wal
            > >
            > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rhodeseng" <rhodeseng@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > can someone give me the equivalent to use corn syrup rather than cane sugar for a 6 gallon bucket of mash??
            > > >

            > > > thanks
            > > >
            > > > cary
            > > >

            > Some advice on this would be nice as well. I have tried on 3 different occasions to ferment Karo syrup
            > http://www.karosyrup.com/products.html
            > and have failed miserably so far. Maybe its just the wrong stuff.
            >
            > Mason

          • rhodeseng
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 9, 2009
              I have tried fermenting with corn syrup several times also.

              I always makes stinky liquor.

              Someone had given me 40 gallons of it, so I was trying to make something from it.

              maybe lawn mower fuel.

              cary