Re: [Distillers] Re: Looking to source 8 " dia. Cu pipe and glass outer shell for a Cu coil condenser

  • Paul Smith
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 28 4:49 PM
      Hi Rufus,

      The plates are all brazed in place and all have bubbler caps, as it stands I can drain one plate at a time so I can keep those condensed fractions sepperate should wish to do so.

      In fact I could use the main drain line (vertical pipe outboard of the valves) as a kind of poor condenser and so take of vapour at almost any given plate. I wonder if I could still do that (for the plates above the feed in valve) when running in continuous mode. I guess I'll have to have a play with the plumbing. <grin>

      I haven't had a chance to test her yet, but will as soon as the last few parts arrive.

      P.