Re: What would you say?

  • billfitz49
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 17, 2009
      Please add me to the list. I'd love to buy and try one. I built one of your crossflow designs which is great. Thanks again for that one.
      Regards,
      Bill
    • bob@4agoodauction.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 17, 2009

        Vapor Management Control

        I want one now!!!!!! Go Harry-------------------------bob c

      • romeo the mad
        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 24, 2009
          Hi Harry,
          Please add me to the list to.

          Best Regards,
          Michael

          To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
          From: gnikomson2000@...
          Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:29:33 +0000
          Subject: [Distillers] What would you say?

          ...about a gadget with specs similar to the following...

          What it is:
          A Vapour Management Control device.
          It's a mysterious little box of tricks that you can be set set to any ratio of reflux-to-product that you wish, all the way from 0% reflux : 100% product, to 100% reflux : 0% product. It's small & relatively light.

          How it can help:
          No more guesswork on reflux ratios. No marginal design variables, tolerances or complicated calculations. No electronics. All mechanical operation. You want to build a still, this item will make all the bits virtually "plug 'n' play".

          What it does:
          It will accomodate pot still runs, stripping runs or refluxed product runs under batch conditions. It will accomodate column equilibration and heads removal as liquid, product removal as either liquid or vapour, and tails removal as either liquid or vapour. It's modular, demountable, and quickly cleaned & stored.

          Future R&D will be in the direction of continuous distillation.

          When I've decided on its final form (there are several options to test & compare) and completed trials, I'll post some more about real-world results. Then I'll be commissioning a pilot run of units for sale. If the demand is there, then general production will follow on.

          As this point, there is but one prototype and I'm not ready to proceed until all testing is complete. I posted this to let you know what is in the works & to excuse my absence of late.

        • Geoff
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 24, 2009
            Harry, I will one day build a VM still, and I certainly will wait to find out more about your device before I do. Most likely I will want one of them.

            Regards,

            The Baker

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, romeo the mad <wongsien@...> wrote:

            > Hi Harry,
            > Please add me to the list to.
            >
            > Best Regards,
            > Michael
            >
            > To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
            > From: gnikomson2000@...
            > Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:29:33 +0000
            > Subject: [Distillers] What would you say?

            > ...about a gadget with specs similar to the following...
            >

            > What it is:
            >
            > A Vapour Management Control device.
            >
            > It's a mysterious little box of tricks that you can be set set to any ratio of reflux-to-product that you wish, all the way from 0% reflux : 100% product, to 100% reflux : 0% product. It's small & relatively light.
            >

            > How it can help:
            >
            > No more guesswork on reflux ratios. No marginal design variables, tolerances or complicated calculations. No electronics. All mechanical operation. You want to build a still, this item will make all the bits virtually "plug 'n' play".
            >

            > What it does:
            >
            > It will accomodate pot still runs, stripping runs or refluxed product runs under batch conditions. It will accomodate column equilibration and heads removal as liquid, product removal as either liquid or vapour, and tails removal as either liquid or vapour. It's modular, demountable, and quickly cleaned & stored.
            >

            > Future R&D will be in the direction of continuous distillation.
            >

            > When I've decided on its final form (there are several options to test & compare) and completed trials, I'll post some more about real-world results. Then I'll be commissioning a pilot run of units for sale. If the demand is there, then general production will follow on.
            >

            > As this point, there is but one prototype and I'm not ready to proceed until all testing is complete. I posted this to let you know what is in the works & to excuse my absence of late.
            >

            > Slainte!
            >
            > regards Harry

            > Show them the way! Add maps and directions to your party invites.
            > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/products/events.aspx

          • gnikomson2000
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 29, 2009
              Hang in there guys. Trials are progressing and data collection is happening (subject to time constraints). I need to collate real world data and compare that with theoretical projections. Then I can give guaranteed figures and begin negotiations with a US manufacturer/distributor.

              Please keep in mind, this item is going to be handled by reputable manufacturers/distributors. No wannabe middlemen here. It will not be released as schematics or blueprints to public domain (sorry), like I did with my crossflow condenser. That little item was a gift back to the hobby, my way of saying "thank you". Many of you have built that one and I have yet to hear a bad word about it. n I guess that says volumes about integrity.

              The new VM controller I have designed is envisaged as a central component that makes life easy for all still builders/fabricators and will be an essential & versatile piece of kit in its own right.

              I'm not trying to screw anything out of anybody, just looking to make an honest dollar for work done, & to supply an item that is needed (or at very least a foolproof fabrication component).

              Now I better stop before this starts to sound like an advertisement. Suffice to say, Watch This Space!

            • abbababbaccc
              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 29, 2009
                Harry,

                Do you mind telling us a bit more of how this controller is used? I mean you set a reflux ratio and this device holds it I remember you writing. Why is that a good thing when we know that the RR needs to be increased in non-linear fashion as the run proceeds? Or does this device adjust the RR automatically to the optimum? Not trying to be critical, just curious of finding out the benefits of this device (you can never have too many gadgets).

                Slainte, Riku

                --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "gnikomson2000" <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

                > Hang in there guys. Trials are progressing and data collection is happening (subject to time constraints). I need to collate real world data and compare that with theoretical projections. Then I can give guaranteed figures and begin negotiations with a US manufacturer/distributor.
                >
                > Please keep in mind, this item is going to be handled by reputable manufacturers/distributors. No wannabe middlemen here. It will not be released as schematics or blueprints to public domain (sorry), like I did with my crossflow condenser. That little item was a gift back to the hobby, my way of saying "thank you". Many of you have built that one and I have yet to hear a bad word about it. n I guess that says volumes about integrity.
                >
                > The new VM controller I have designed is envisaged as a central component that makes life easy for all still builders/fabricators and will be an essential & versatile piece of kit in its own right.
                >
                > I'm not trying to screw anything out of anybody, just looking to make an honest dollar for work done, & to supply an item that is needed (or at very least a foolproof fabrication component).
                >
                > Now I better stop before this starts to sound like an advertisement. Suffice to say, Watch This Space!
                >

                > Slainte!
                > regards Harry

              • Rufus
                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 6, 2009
                  Harry, is there any news on your vapor management device?
                  Regards,

                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 6, 2009
                    --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rufus" <rufusroughguts@...> wrote:

                    > Harry, is there any news on your vapor management device?
                    > Regards,

                    Schematics are under manufacturer's evaluation as we speak. But they're godawful busy this time of year. Hopefully more news soon.

                  • Rufus Roughguts
                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 7, 2009
                      Harry, your entrepreneurial spirit is to be admired.  I'll look forward to hearing more news.
                      Regards,

                      > Harry, is there any news on your vapor management device?
                      > Regards,

                      Schematics are under manufacturer' s evaluation as we speak. But they're godawful busy this time of year. Hopefully more news soon.

                    • Yves
                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 7, 2010
                        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "gnikomson2000" <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

                        > Schematics are under manufacturer's evaluation as we speak. But they're godawful busy this time of year. Hopefully more news soon.
                        >

                        > Slainte!
                        > regards Harry

                        Hi Harry !

                        Just wondering if your new gadget will be available for continuous stills ?
                        Message 11 of 23 , Mar 9, 2010
                          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Yves" <aquasasser@...> wrote:
                          > Hi Harry !
                          >
                          > Just wondering if your new gadget will be available for continuous stills ?

                          It's meant for Vapor Management (VM) batch distillation. Continuous distilling trials is a project on the "to do" list.

                        • geoff
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 10, 2010

                            Hi Harry and all,

                                 Well Harry where is this secret piece of wizardry for Vapour Management?

                            To quote your posting on 09/03/ 2010

                            “It's meant for Vapour Management (VM) batch distillation.”

                                 You were gonna give us an explanation, on how the wee beastie works its magic, and then possibly a chance of a purchase?

                              I know you have all the legal stuff, patents, manufacturing setup, business plan, projected sales forecast, and cash flow etc.etc.if you are gonna make a bob on it.

                                 But I’ll settle for just want a wee peek, or as my Isle of Skye 1969-81 ex-army buddy Rab said last month when he was over visiting “I’ll noo tell a livin' soul ya Ken wot ahh mean” he must mean he’ll only tell Ken whoever Ken is?  (But there seems to be a lot of them up around where he’s fer’(from) and Hens to the way he speaks)

                                 Just on a side note Harry have you ever tasted the “Laphroaig Whiskies” at this link

                            http://www.laphroaig.com/distillery/virtual_tour/index.asp?expanded=our_distillery.virtual_tour

                                 Rab brought a bottle of 15 year old Laphroaig singleIslay malt with him (to just have a wee dram or two for awld (old) times sac'(sake) he says after a nice wee meal would be good he says) and yes after a nice meal out in in our local town Sarlat we did precisely that. When we got back we proceeded to make a big crowd on that poor wee bottle (speaking like him already). We bought a pack of 24 cans of Mc Kewans I found in the local French supermarket earlier that day to make the Laphroaig single malt experience last a little bit longer (he says) and it did.

                                 If that was what whiskey is supposed to taste like.  All I can say is I must have been drinking “Brasso” all these years.

                                 That first glass on it’s own, at room temperature, was slow and neat (I don’t believe in adding ice or diluting a good single malt in any way whatsoever) but it was something I don’t think I’ll ever forget Gawd it was so beautiful and so smooth on my tongue it just said more to me, he’s bringing two more bottles over in September.  Although it's pricey I can highly recommend Laphroaig single malt  to anyone if you can get your hands on it (it's a high bench mark you'll measure all other whiskey from).  Try this link if you want to buy it on line.  http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-3399.aspx

                                 And no I’m not a salesman.  I just like bloody good Laphroaig single malt

                            Geoff

                          • Ion Brown

                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 10, 2010
                                --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "geoff" <jeffrey.burrows@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Harry and all,
                                >
                                > Well Harry where is this secret piece of wizardry for Vapour Management?

                                <snip>

                                > Geoff

                                It exists, but it's on the backburner for now. I have a way more important project to complete first. I've been working on it on & off for 3 years. Time to get it done!