Do you think it's still good...

  • jamesflz
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2009
      About six months ago I had started fermentation of a sugar and corn batch. The fermentation was going really slow so I moved it to the corner to do it's thing and worked with some other batches. Well It kinda got forgotten in the back, and in my mind I had it as just a sugar batch so no big deal if it sits around, I'll get to it later.

      Well I got to it last night, and remembered it wasn't just sugar. It finished out at some point, but it seems that it soured sitting on the corn for so long. Has a sour smell and taste to it. It was fermented to 12%, so at least it seems the alcohol keep the corn from actually rotting.

      What I'm wondering is if anyone knows if it's okay/safe. Likely taste bad, but I'm thinking at best I would distill it and use it like tails and through it in before running my next batch of neutral spirits. Hate to see the ethanol go to waste.

      I normally take much better case of my batch, this is a first for me.

      Thanks,

      James