Re: Internal Reflux in a Pot Still - Need Help

  • jamesonbeam1
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 5, 2009
      Beaucoup Thanks Riku, Wal and JD,

      Have a couple of feet of 1" copper in the basement will try it with
      that. I tried the scrubbers in my 1/2" riser a year or so back and did
      in fact get about a 10% or so ABV increase.

      Vino es Veritas,

      Jim aka Waldo.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jeandenis308" <jeandenis308@...>
      wrote:

      > I can add to this that it does work, although it whas with a presure
      cooker and a cornflakes mash. the lid could hold 3 liters and the pipe
      sticked out about 3 inches, wich whas only 10 ore 12 inches tall and the
      lower part whas filled up to 4 inch with scrubbers.

      > i could turn the heat so low that it just barely boiled and got
      results to 93 % with a 12% mash in it.

      > Greets
      >
      > JD
      >
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "abbababbaccc" abbababbaccc@ wrote:
      > >
      > > No worries mate. But this actually leads to a question, if you have
      a vertical pipe in your potstill (like most seem to have) - why not
      stuck few scrubbers there and install maybe a small reflux condenser or
      have a fan blowing to the pipe. In practise that would get you higher
      ABV and thus get you more hearts.

      > > Slainte, Riku
    • Robert Hubble
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 5, 2009
        Jameson,

        In the land of clear falling waters and majestic trees to the sky, my people have a wise old saying: "My ass!"

        Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

        To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
        From: jamesonbeam1@...
        Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 15:31:08 +0000
        Subject: [Distillers] Re: Internal Reflux in a Pot Still - Need Help

        Just like ZB, I is just another one of them thar Southerner  simple pot stiller too...:) Vino es Veritas,
        Jim aka Waldo.  (but would love to try that there dram - or 2 or 3....)

        Windows Liveā„¢: Keep your life in sync. Check it out.