High Temp. Yeast Found!

  • therealbeergod
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2002
      Greetings Everyone!

      I've been a lurker for a while now and I just want to pass this
      information on to all interested. I recently purchased a pound
      of "SuperStart" Distillers Yeast by Alltech from Crosby & Baker.
      (http://www.crosby-baker.com) According to the spec. sheet the
      optimal fermentation temperature is 90F +/-2F. So for those of you
      in hotter climates this may be just the ticket. Also, Seth from C&B
      reported that it is very possible to get a 21-22% yield from this
      yeast.

      Pricewise - 1lb. - $3.15 US
      (label states that 1/2lb will ferment 1000gal.

      In Good Spirits!
    • mnapeman2
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2002
        Hello M! After going to this site I found that I'd need to buy as a
        retailer. I do have a business, but hauling compost and raising
        rodents may not fit their parameters. Any suggestions on wholesale
        buying techniques? I'd buy other stuff from them also, I'm sure.
        Thanx...
        > Pricewise - 1lb. - $3.15 US (label states that 1/2lb will ferment
        1000gal.< Man, that's great...and at up to 22%!

      • mnapeman2
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2002