Triple Distill MUM receipe

  • eric_yendall
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 3 12:07 PM
      Mason

      I am intrigued by your technique to triple distill the MUM wash. I have about 90L of MUM wash enhanced with cornflakes and have started to strip it. I assume stripping constitutes the first distillation. Could you walk me through the next two runs. Are the cuts for middle-run taken at the same point (80%abv and 65%abv) in both second and third runs, or what? How do you do it? Thanks for your suggestions and advice

      Eric

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rye_junkie1" <rye_junkie@...> wrote:

      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tykjaw" <tykjaw@> wrote:
      > >
      > > hi again
      > >
      > > I totally accept that Alcotec 48 is a good product at 14% and I was a regular user till switching to MUM type washes, but fermenting 5 days for 18-19% seems very inefficient
      > >
      > > At the end of 5 days you have fermented 8kg sugar in 25litres to 18/19%
      > >
      > > At the end of 3 days I have fermented 8kg sugar in 40 litres to 12%
      > >
      > > Its the same amount of sugar so the same amount of alcohol but 2 days quicker, by the time you're finished fermenting I am done, processed and drinking, hic
      > >
      > > Can't say I have seen any bulk offers on Alcotec 48 but with regard to processing expenses, the savings on yeast and nutrients on the single packs at the homebrew shop easily covers the total electrity used. I checked this with one of those plug in metering devices because I was a bit sceptical myself at first
      > >
      > > Once you have done a couple of MUM washes you will know the answer to your question and Alcotec will have lost another customer
      >

      > Some people use the MUM wash as a Reflux only wash. Few realize though that triple distilled in a Pot Rig this stuff makes a whiskey that is near single malt quality. Try it.
      > I have also made the same point that you have. 2 five gallon MUM washes are quicker and cleaner than most Turbos at a fraction of the price. Glad someone else has come to the same conclusion.
      >
      > Mason

    • bo dimitric
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 14 3:03 PM
        My alkoholometer have built in thermometer, because, in 15 degree celsius some alk. liquid have diferent % of alk. in comparasion with same situation with 20 degree of celssius.
        But, everything is same.:)
        In Central and South-east of Europe, we (and me) have no problem about whiskey, burbon, or vodka, because we have traditional idea that all of them is low quality in comparation with fruit destilation, and most of them is from 43 to 51 % of alk.
        regards from last free destilation around country.
        Bozidar