Re: Rubber Gasket

  • diskmaster23
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
      I tried the silicone cooking sheet thing and it works. It is a little expensive, but it works good.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ortholaan" <info21@...> wrote:

      > Hi.
      >
      > When I need a hard material I use corc floortiles which were left from covering mij floor.
      > Thin sheets of cork easy brake down when You bent it or try to make holes in it.
      >
      > Last time I often us silicone baking sheets.
      > Those sheets are about 40 x 30 cM large and 3 mm thick and very flexible.
      > They are sold in householdshops and supermarkets and intend to use in the kitchen stove to put coockies on en they are cheep.
      > The are foodproof and can handle temperatures up to 220 degrees celcius.
      >
      > Proost, Ko.
      >

      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey everybody,
      > >
      > > I have a pony keg that I use as my boiler and a 10.5" mixing bowl that sits on top of the pony keg. The mixing bowl has a hole in it with a stainless flange.
      > >
      > > I have been using the basic silicon tube mix for my gaskets. After soon use it is now falling apart because of the clamping down that I have to do. I believe it is time that I invest in a proper gasket that will withstand the clamping down process and seal the mixing bowl to the keg.
      > >
      > > Here is a good picture of it. http://i42.tinypic.com/9uacyg.jpg
      > >
      > > Does anybody have any suggestions where I can buy a rubber gasket that will fit my needs without breaking the bank account?
      > >
      > > Thanks!

    • anthonyathawes
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
        Well, you've made a brilliant and beautiful job of the top - and obviously know how to weld.

        Just as a matter of interest though, for those with less skill,I got a successful seal just using 4 self-tapping screws into the keg. There's virtually no pressure, and I found that two self-tappers were adequate for holding the still down, and must have taken all of 5 minutes to do. Seven clamps therefore seems a bit excessive - but you made a fine job, and it gives me an idea for the future.

        Tony