Re: Stalled fermentation

  • tykjaw
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 30, 2009
      hi Jim

      thanks for comments and also comments re post on new distillers (now deleted in embarrassment lol)

      Have taken all your suggestions on board and booked an eye test lol

      I have the maltosefalcons pages available for offline reading as the information is probably second to none whilst at the same time being readily understandable to a comparative thicko.

      I was previously a hobby brewer and have only turned to spirits in the past year or so

      Most of my experience has been with turbo yueast, alcotec 48, however for the past few months i have been experimenting with MUM and similar neutrals with bakers yeast and as my previous posts suggest high %abv is not my priority, I only ran turbo to 12% in 30 litres

      The major problem with EC1118 is that my nearest homebrew store that sells it is 14 miles away (the local one prefers the turbo profits) and i have no transport whereas the nearest supermarket bakers yeast is 10 minutes walk away, however if the strain ranches well I think I will get my son to drop me some off, give it a try and take it from there

      Can't say i relish the idea of messing with agar dishes in the fridge and such (too much earache from the mrs) but splitting a starter should maintain a supply and keep fridge tidy, or even just propagating a small amount

      again many thanks jim and will keep you informed