Re: Going Commercial...

  • rumrunner1616
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 8, 2009
      > Speaking of tours, is anyone here availing themselves of this?...
      > http://www.dryflydistilling.com/school.php
      >
      > If so, can you give us a report? Thanks.

      I've been over there and I'd have to say they have the best operation I've seen so far including pretty much everyone in WA and OR. The location isn't tops, but the product is great. The owners seem like good guys, sat and talked to Ken for a couple hours after closing time. They run two 450L Christian Carl stills, absolutely beautiful. Also, you won't find any purchased high spirits here, they make everything from scratch. I have yet to try their Whiskey, but I'm really looking forward to it.

      If you do make the trip to Portland, it would be worth the drive or short flight. Go on a bottling day, you can join in and it's lots of fun!