Re: [Distillers] Re: Power... Solar Primary Distillation

  • Rasputin Paracelsus
    Message 1 of 73 , May 14, 2009
      Harry,

      Your juxtaposition of BTU and kW raises a question for me, as I
      understand one is a unit of energy and one of power? I assume there is a
      standard understood time quantity here? My Outdoor Cooker has 168000 BTU
      on it and something like 20 kW listed (hard to tell, the label is
      tarnished and cleaning actually destroys the label... those figures
      don't seem to me to jive too well...)

      Thanks

      Message 73 of 73 , Jun 4, 2009

        It all seem like a hellish waste of a good glass carboy to me.  If you wanna get things REALLY cookin', why not adapt something like this?...

        solar-cooker
        http://tinyurl.com/qmyov4

        solar-cooker-2.jpg