Quiet here

    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2009
      Is it time to mothball this section like the Scotch distilleries do on occasion?

    • M W
      Message 2 of 6 , May 13, 2009
        Hmmm

        IDK I'd think naphthalene would make BAD BAD smells around your still; I'd have to get out the ol' CRC handbook and see it's Ksp in EOh and water but for myself, I'll pass on that idea...
      • Robert Hubble
        Message 3 of 6 , May 13, 2009
          M,

          I think mothballs have been paradichlorobenzene for 60 or 70 years, at least in the US, but you're right; they sure would taste bad. Maybe if we dyed them green, people would think they are olives.

          I've never seen a list go dormant, so that's all new to me. I've seen lists and newsgroups die for a number of reasons, but that doesn't seem to apply here. Maybe our apparent inactivity is just how we judge what is advanced, because all the regulars are still alive on new_distillers.

          I'd sure hate to lose this list, but whatever you think, Harry.

          Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

          To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
          From: rd232d@...
          Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 15:20:21 -0700
          Subject: Re: [Distillers] Quiet here

          Hmmm

          IDK I'd think naphthalene would make BAD BAD smells around your still; I'd have to get out the ol' CRC handbook and see it's Ksp in EOh and water but for myself, I'll pass on that idea...

          HotmailĀ® has a new way to see what's up with your friends. Check it out.
        • M W
          Message 4 of 6 , May 13, 2009
            Olives? Not by taste or smell. LOL
            Message 5 of 6 , May 13, 2009

              .

              > I'd sure hate to lose this list, but whatever you think, Harry.
              >
              > Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

              Don't fret folks. We ain't goin' nowhere. :)

              Just seeing if you were paying attention <G>

            • M W
              Message 6 of 6 , May 13, 2009
                Attention yes, understanding completely no LOL