Re: Pump for cross-flow

  • burrows206
    Message 1 of 37 , May 4, 2009
      Hi Mason,
      This was all covered way back at the beginning of May 2005 either here or in the "New Distillers" forum. But I can't seem to find the message numbers or the key words to give you a link it could possibly be "pump head" or "pumped head"
      Geoff

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rye_junkie1" <rye_junkie@...> wrote:

      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mavnkaf" <mavnkaf@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I agree Baker, if I had a radiator cooling setup like Harry mentions (which I tried) or any other setup that allows it, one could, as you say stack the business up to reduce the head height of the pump.
      > >
      > > Cheers
      > > Marc
      >

      > I do this very thing. I use a 15 gallon storage tub for my reservoir and sit it on a metal stand that was made to mount a miter saw to. A board sits on top of the tub and my radiator and fan assembly is mounted to that. For the X flow the pump has to push the water up maybe 20 inches.
      >
      > Mason

    • No Name
      Message 37 of 37 , May 10, 2009
        Or you can just look around,. Most people have them all over their homes.    All you need is a transformer. Like the ones that are used to plug in cordless phones.  Or Those Picture frames that have digital pictures. or what ever..

         Look on the taggs of the pump to see what the Amps  are then Find a transformer that suits..  IF you don't have one at home Ebay, Or Radio shack has all you need any size you want..

          Wire it up and plug it in..       Of course this is just my 2 cents worth.   I sure there is other ways to handle this issue. but this one would only take a few minutes to fix;./     HTH      Nameless     "I forgot My Name"