Re: [Distillers] Re: Pump for cross-flow

  • M W
    Message 1 of 37 , May 4 4:26 AM
      Very true; A heater is a pure resistive load, though, so a Triac-based simple controller works (Same thing as a light dimmer switch basically.)

      A shaded-pole motor's an inductive load, sort of like a flywheel, you need to keep adding more torque in the right direction to keep it spinning, a constant push will stall it - a resistive load just heats up whichever way you push it. I can provide URLs but unless you want to learn Electrical Engineering terminology, you may not want to ask :)

      I haven't taken one of these small water pumps apart though.

      Could always add a "Water Feature" to your setup :) Waterfall or something LOL

      Message 37 of 37 , May 10 1:10 PM
        Or you can just look around,. Most people have them all over their homes.    All you need is a transformer. Like the ones that are used to plug in cordless phones.  Or Those Picture frames that have digital pictures. or what ever..

         Look on the taggs of the pump to see what the Amps  are then Find a transformer that suits..  IF you don't have one at home Ebay, Or Radio shack has all you need any size you want..

          Wire it up and plug it in..       Of course this is just my 2 cents worth.   I sure there is other ways to handle this issue. but this one would only take a few minutes to fix;./     HTH      Nameless     "I forgot My Name"