Re: Pump for cross-flow

    Message 1 of 37 , May 3, 2009
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rasputin Paracelsus" <rasputin@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the suggestion.
      >
      > Crunching some numbers.... The largest tank I can reasonably get hold of easily would be another keg, so say 10 gal (US) in round figures. That means to fill/empty the keg would take 1/100th of an hour, or 36 seconds, if I've done it right....
      >
      > Could work, I suppose, with a flotation switch. Now, that sounds a lot like a sump pump, which in fact I can get for only a little more than this pump. But this setup also requires two kegs. Very hard to come by around here. I've asked around.
      >
      > This would also be variable flow rate (though maybe that's not a big issue)...
      >
      > All in all, if it comes to that, I'd be better forking out extra and getting a smaller pump, silly as it feels :)

      I know the mindset. You're trying to get the most "bang for the buck". Usually that's fine. But think of this...

      You don't buy an 18-wheeler to do your weekend grocery shopping, or a 10 ton dump truck to move your garden leaves. Get the right tool to match the job...always.

      ps...why two kegs? recirc systems only require one, even for separate overhead & product condenser plumbing.

    • No Name
      Message 37 of 37 , May 10, 2009
        Or you can just look around,. Most people have them all over their homes.    All you need is a transformer. Like the ones that are used to plug in cordless phones.  Or Those Picture frames that have digital pictures. or what ever..

         Look on the taggs of the pump to see what the Amps  are then Find a transformer that suits..  IF you don't have one at home Ebay, Or Radio shack has all you need any size you want..

          Wire it up and plug it in..       Of course this is just my 2 cents worth.   I sure there is other ways to handle this issue. but this one would only take a few minutes to fix;./     HTH      Nameless     "I forgot My Name"